Oakland Medical Center respects the rights of all patients equally and individually. As a patient of Oakland Medical Center you are entitled to:
- Reasonable access to medical care.
- You have the right to have a family member or representative of your choice present at time of consultation.
- You have the right to make informed decisions regarding your care. This right includes being informed of your health status, being involved in care planning and treatment, and being able to request or refuse treatment. If you are unable, for any reason, to act on your own behalf, your representative may act for you.
- You have the right to formulate advance directives concerning your health care (designating someone to make decisions for you) with which we will comply.
- You have the right to personal privacy and confidentiality of your personal medial records.
- You have the right to receive care in a safe setting.
- You have the right to be free from all forms of abuse and harassment.
- You have the right to obtain information contained in your medical records within a reasonable time period.
- You have the right to obtain an itemized statement of account and any clarification of your billing statement.
Download HIPAA Privacy Practices PDF